Review: Beautiful Nightmares by Lauren Hammond

22 December 2013



Title: Beautiful Nightmares
Author: Lauren Hammond
Add it: Goodreads


Meet the author: GoodreadsOfficial blog


My rating:




The epic, final installment in the Asylum Trilogy. 

Sanity is a funny word. 
Sanity. 
Sanity. 
To be sane. 
To have clear thoughts. 
To be able to distinguish the difference from fantasy and reality. 
I used to think that my sanity was still intact. 
That all of my marbles were still in the bag known as my mind. 
That I would never—EVER—let Oakhill get the best of me. 
Now, I’m not so sure. Now I’m not sure if I really am sane… 
Or if I’ve lost my mind once and for all. 







The human heart is fragile.
So delicate that it should be protected, taken care of.
Nurtured and swaddled among piles of blankets like an infant.
Because once it breaks…
It’s broken forever.
After your heart breaks once, it never heals quite right. 
There are always cracks, or chipped pieces. And depending on what kind of person you are and what kind personal strength you have, sometimes after your heart breaks it can feel like you’ve never had a heart at all.

I'm writing this review and I'm crying. It seems like that is the only thing I've been doing since yesterday. I stop for a while and then again I remember something sad from the book and I start crying again. All I can think about is:

WHY? WHY, GOD, OH, WHY? Why did the things had to happen this way? Why did it end like this?

My heart is broken now and it really sucks :(((((((



I have to admit that I read the last two sentences after I finished reading Insanity and I was so ecstatically happy, but now I'm kicking myself for being so stupid and naive. That was totally taken out of the context! I'm mad at myself now.



I'm such an emotional mess right now, I can't even sleep, this book got under my skin really bad and I'm only halfway able to function normally. I need to distract myself with some hot little book with HEA, but I don't believe that I will ever be able to forget this book, no matter how many books I will read in the future.

This is a beautifully written book that will capture your attention from the very beginning till the end, its unputdownable, it will make you forget the world outside, compel you into Addy's world and you will feel her pain, suffering, happiness and craziness like your own emotions. Truly a masterpiece! I don't remember the last time when I read such an extraordinary book. I'm not sure will I ever read it again, 'cause I want to treasure this suffering feeling forever, there is only one first time and reading it for second time will spoil it.

I don't wanna write about the plot or the characters. I'm not gonna spoil the story for you. Although I'm little pissed off because some things are still unexplained and now I have to wait for Aurora's books!
And I hate waiting!

I highly recommend this book to everyone who like to read books that will takes their breath away and capture their heart forever!

Now, excuse me, I'm gonna cry a little more.



Kisses



No comments:

Post a Comment